Madagascar 214 - Light Roast
product notes: berry, citrus, raisins, tannin
- BRONZE - Academy of Chocolate Awards 2019
- BRONZE - Northwest Chocolate Festival 2017
- GOLD SEAL - Good Food Awards 2012
- WINNER - Good Food Awards 2012
- GOLD - Northwest Chocolate Festival 2012
Madagascar's Sambirano Valley produces some of the most flavorful cacao in the world. Daily harvests from a single 600 hectare plantation are fermented six days to develop a signature fruitiness. Our light drum roast develops and enhances this cacao's fruity character. Days of stone grinding achieve a silky texture. Next, the chocolate is heated, mixed and aerated, this is conching. Our medium conche step mellows some of this cacao's raw acidic nature, resulting in a chocolate with complex flavors including notes of citrus, reminiscent of grapefruit.